Escape Pod is running a flash fiction contest. The entry period has ended, and we’ve moved onto voting. I have two stories in the running, out of the 92 total entries. The contest is completely anonymized — you won’t know who wrote the stories you’re voting on until they either win or lose.
Here’s how to read and vote:
- Go to http://forum.escapeartists.net and sign up. It’s a free forum, and they don’t collect personal information, but you do have to use a valid e-mail address for verification purposes.
- Go to the Flash Contest III sub-forum, which I believe you can only see if you’re a member.
- Post a comment in the “IMPORTANT” thread, so that the nightly bot-sweep doesn’t delete your account. (Anyone who hasn’t posted at least one time by the end of the day they register is considered a bot.)
- Read the stories in the available groups. Comment on any (or none) of them and vote for the one(s) you like best. Each group is open to be voted on for four days.
- Visit the site every even-numbered day for the next two-and-a-half weeks to get a look at some new free flash fiction.
The stories are 750 words or less apiece, so it shouldn’t take you long to read them.
A hint: my stories are both between 740 and 750 words. If you’ve read my other works, you should be able to figure out from the writing style which ones they are. They may or may not be posted already.
Anyway, I encourage you to read the stories and vote on them — even if you don’t vote for me.